At the end of every season, the player who scores the highest number of goals is presented with the golden boot award. This award is given out every season.
Just like every other season, a lot of players are currently in the golden boot race. The likes of Sadio Mane, Son Heung-Min and Cristiano Ronaldo are all in the race. But, as it stands, Mohamed Salah may likely emerge as winner by the end of the current campaign.
Yesterday, the Egyptian led his teammates to a resounding victory over Manchester United with a stupendous brace at Anfield. The brace he scored extended his lead above Son on the Log. So, because of that, I’ve decided to put up this article to highlight the current golden boot table after yesterday’s match.
1. Mohamed Salah: Yesterday, the Egyptian was in target for Liverpool as he helped his side defeat Manchester United at Anfield. Before now, he was leading the golden boot table with 20 goals but, after the game, he was able to increase his goal tally to 22.
2. Son Heung-Min: the second player on the list is Son Heung-Min who currently plays for Tottenham as a winger. So far so good, Son has been quite outstanding for the North London club, and if not for his goalscoring achievements this season, Tottenham Hotspur would not have been where they are today. He is currently occupying second position with 17 goals.
3. Cristiano Ronaldo: Few days ago, the Portuguese scored a hat-trick against Norwich City to increase his goal tally of the season to 15. But, due to some unexpected circumstances, he was not in action for Manchester United yesterday.
4. Diogo Jota: The fourth player on the list is Liverpool forward, Diogo Jota. The total number of goals the Portuguese has scored this season is 15. Hopefully, before the end of the season, he would add to it.
5. Sadio Mane (14 goals for Liverpool in 29 appearances)
What do you have to say about this? Do you think Mohamed Salah has what it takes to end the season with at least 30 goals? Kindly take to the comments section and share your views with us.
Like, share and follow for more updates.